Friday, November 20, 2009

Just a Lil' Cold...

Gosh, it's been more den half a yr since i last blogged... I guess with the advent of facebook, ppl are finding it easier to share n update their life's events via tt. I was actually quite a latecomer to Facebook n stoutly refused to join it.... Onli signed up for it when i felt bored after leaving my job...

Tis e rainy season...it started early this yr...another sign of e wacky weather woes induced by global warming... Bt i'm glad! Cold, misty weather just makes for a more authentic Xmas experience = ) Had my bdae abt a wk ago... Birthdays these few yrs have been relatively quiet affairs. It suddenly occured to me tt the last time I celebrated my bdae with my closest grp of frens, 2A was actually 4 yrs ago...bk in 2005...Oh well... I'm glad to hv 2 new grps of gd frens tis r round, though....cuz it's always a sweet thing to hv ur gd frens rem ur bdae n celeb it with u.= ) Met up with Wen n ha, as usual, our interests seemed headed in e same trajectory. In a nutshell, renovation, cooking n exercise..haha, though i'm definitely nt as adventurous as she is in the last arena. She's trying out pole dancing and gyrotonics! Cool!

I last blogged that May would be a month of trepidation...Well, September turned out to be a month of roller coaster rides indeed. I'm just glad tt it's all over n i do need to thank Miles for constantly being there when i needed his support, esp when he's oredi having a hard time juggling both work and studies. I never imagined that we would be studying together, actually. When he first broached the idea of doing a Masters', I was quite skeptical, given tt i had just started on a new job, plus e fact that his area of interest: financial engineering or Masters in Applied Finance just din appeal to me all that much. Bt after much serious consideration n us reaching common ground by him opting for the course that I wanted (Economics), cramming for the GMAT was done within 2 wks b4 all e other misc stuff like getting testimonials frm my boss, writing a personal essay etc was wrapped up....right up to the 1 day b4 the deadline.

I never regretted this decision n am glad tt i've met a bunch of real gd frens frm e course. Significant also cuz they're our first mutual frens....as a couple, we nvr had e chance to make any mutual good frens until we embarked on this learning journey. Though without regrets, i have to say that taking up a Master's course does require lots of sacrifices. Gd thing is that we're dg it tog = )

Anyways, sista's getting married next Jan! I've oredi ordered my dress online n am mighty lookin forward to receiving it frm the friendly postlady... who prob already know my inclinatins towards online retail therapy, having delivered many such parcels to a eager, bright-eyed ger in the morning. Ha, receiving a parcel via post n unwrapping it to reveal the gems within really feels like Xmas...just without the surprise.

It's a present to oneself= ) n i do believe that's wad we all need every now and then. Esp during the Xmas season so ....do indulge and enjoy = )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home